Posts: Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits
Education Qualification: Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
Age limit: Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1995 to 31 Jul 1999 (Both dates inclusive).
Pay & Allowances:
- During the initial training period, stipend of Rs 5700 pm will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible from the date of commencement of service.
- On completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band Rs 5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @ Rs 2000/- plus MSP @ Rs 2000/- plus DA
Selection Criteria: Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- Written Test:
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The question paper will be of 10+2 standard and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medical Standards:
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008.
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only â€œProvisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examinationâ€�. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit at final medical examination will be enrolled for training. No â€œAppealâ€� is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
- Visual Standards: Without Glasses: Better Eye – 6/6 | Worse Eye – 6/9 & With Glasses: Better Eye – 6/6 | Worse Eye – 6/6
- Tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Training: The training for the course will commence in Aug 2016, with 22 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
How to apply: Interested Candidates may apply Online through website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and send their print two copies of the online application form. One copy duly signed, along with attested copies of matriculation certificate, 10+2 mark sheet, domicile, NCC Certificate (if held) & one self addressed envelope of size 22×10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on envelope is to be forwarded by ordinary post to the concerned office so as to reach on or before last date.
Starting date of online registration: 23-11-2015
Last date to apply online : 06-12-2015
Last date to submission of application by post: 13-12-2015
Last date to submission of application by post for remote areas: 20-12-2015
Stay connected with www.indianaukari.com for latest updates