Posts : Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO)
Pandit: 74 Posts
Granthi: 04 Posts
Padre: 02 Posts
Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments: 01 Post
Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts: 01 Post
Bodh Monk (Mahayana): 03 Posts
Total No. of Posts : 85 Posts
Educational Qualification : Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. In addition to this they must also possess following qualification according to the religious denomination of the individual:
- Pandit: Hindu candidates with Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective (Main) subjects but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi.
- Granthi: Sikh Candidates with Vidwan in Punjabi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned OR Those who have passed BA with Punjabi as one of the elective (main) subjects but have not done Vidwan in Punjabi.
- Padre: Christian candidates who have been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and are still on the approved list of the local Bishop.
- Budhist: Budhist (Mahayana) candidates who have been ordained Monk/Budhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority. The term Appropriate Authority will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood. The head priest should be in possession of Geshe (Ph D) of Khanpa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery.
- Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment: Hindu (Gorkha) candidates with Madhyama in Sanskrit. OR Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the Nepali Language. OR Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective (Main) subjects but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi.
- Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts: Muslim Shia ladakh personnel candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic, Adib Alim in Urdu or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Arabic/Urdu as one of the elective (Main) subject but who have not done Maulvi Alim in Arabic/ Adib Alim in Urdu.
Age Limit : 27 to 34 years as on 01-01-2016
Pay Scale: Rs 9300 â€“ 34800 /-
- A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear, should have sufficient number of natural teeth, i.e. 14 dental points with healthy gums. Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles.
- Candidates may contact nearest recruiting office / zones given in Para 10 of the advertisement for existing rules on acceptable medical standards.
- Height – 160 (157 for Pandit (Gorkha)&Maulvi (Shia))
- Chest – 77
- Weight – 50 (48 for Pandit (Gorkha)
- Physical Fitness: Test Candidate should be able to run 1600 meter in 08 minutes
Screening: Candidates found eligible will be issued with Admit Card for initial screening which will include checking of original certificate followed by medical examination at respective Headquarters Recruiting Zone/Regimental Centres concerned.
Selection/ Recruitment Procedure:
- JCO Religious Teacher (RT) or Dharmik Shikshak selection/ recruitment process will consist of Screening, Checking of original certificates, Medical examination, Written Examination and Interview.
- JCO RT Written exam will be conducted on 28th February 2016 which will comprise of two papers as per the following exam pattern:
- Paper- I (Max Marks – 100) – Common to all Religious categories Paper 1st will comprise of objective type questions on General Awareness and will be only a qualifying exam. Minimum 40% marks are required to secure to qualify in Paper 1st.
- Paper- II (Max Marks – 100) – Paper 2nd will comprise of objective type questions to check the knowledge specific to belonging religious category. Minimum 40 marks are required to obtain in this paper to come in the merit list to be eligible for interview. Thereafter eligible candidates will be interviewed by a board of officers at the nominated Regimental Centre.
How to Apply: Eligible male candidates can apply online through the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for S.No-1 to 3 category only and remaining S.No-4 to 6 categories are send their written application form in prescribed format along with all relevant certificates & passport size photograph, in an envelope should be superscribed as â€œApplication for JCO (RT) Course No 80, 81 & 82â€³ at Headquarters Recruiting Zones & concerned Regimental Centres.
Important Dates :
Starting date of Online Application : 01-12-2015
Last date for online registration: 31-12-2015
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 31-12-2015
Date of Written Examination 28-02-2016
Date of Interview: 30-03-2016
Date of Finally Selected Candidates List: 04-05-2016
Stay connected with www.indianaukari.com for latest updates